Thursday, March 15, 2012

Temples of Judaism

The original temples of the ancient Hebrews were, I believe, 'Holy Hills'....volcanoes.


Pslam 11:4 'The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids test, the children of men.'

Psalm 18:6 'In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.'

Micah 1:2 'Hear, O peoples, all of you, listen, O earth and all who are in it, that the Sovereign LORD may witness against you, the Lord from his holy temple.'

Habakkuk 2:20 'But the LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him.'

Revelation 11:19 Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.

Jonah 2 NIV

 1 From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the LORD his God. 2 He said:
   “In my distress I called to the LORD,
   and he answered me.
From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help,
   and you listened to my cry.
3 You hurled me into the depths,
   into the very heart of the seas,
   and the currents swirled about me;
all your waves and breakers
   swept over me.
4 I said, ‘I have been banished
   from your sight;
yet I will look again
   toward your holy temple.’
5 The engulfing waters threatened me,
   the deep surrounded me;
   seaweed was wrapped around my head.
6 To the roots of the mountains I sank down;
   the earth beneath barred me in forever.
But you, LORD my God,
   brought my life up from the pit.
 7 “When my life was ebbing away,
   I remembered you, LORD,
and my prayer rose to you,
   to your holy temple.
 8 “Those who cling to worthless idols
   turn away from God’s love for them.
9 But I, with shouts of grateful praise,
   will sacrifice to you.
What I have vowed I will make good.
   I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the LORD.’”

Jonah, of course, was not talking about a temple made of bricks and mortar nor of a tabernacle tent. He was talking about Yahweh's natural temple.....a volcano. The temples of Judaism were volcanoes. When the volcanoes ceased to erupt, or when the Hebrews moved away from them, temples were man made constructions but, until then, they were volcanoes.

Please also see how pyramids represent volcanoes and additional verses that reveal where the  Hebrews believed their god lived in a Holy Hill (volcano temple).

As the ancient Hebrews either mostly or partly originated from Mesopotamia, the fertile land adjacent to the volcano Mount Ararat, manmade temples can be found. The manmade temples were built to entice the mountain gods of fire (volcano gods) down in the hope they would set up residence in one.

Mesopotamian temples
The temple of Mesopotamia derived from the cult of gods and deities in Mesopotamian religion. It spanned several civilizations; from Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian, and Babylonian. The most common temple architecture of Mesopotamia is the structure of sun-baked bricks called Ziggurat, having the form of a terraced step pyramid with flat upper terrace where shrine or temple stood.





Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

No comments:

Post a Comment